Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Good Times Heritage Layout

Happy Wednesday, everyone! We're halfways through the week (yea!). It has been miserably hot and humid today and in the 90's. Needless to say, we've been spending lots of time in the pool and putting it to good use so far this summer.

I finished up another layout for the heritage album earlier this afternoon that I started last night. This one's of my husband's uncle when he was like two. And his grandparents and other uncles at an all-day company picnic held at a local amusement park back during the summer of 1936 or thereabouts  that no longer exists. I wish it was still open, because from what I've researched, it was a really nice park to spend the day with your family, etc. They closed it down after being open for 70+ years when the owner died back in the 1970's. It was bought by the state and now a major highway and bridge take it's place. It's very possible that my husband's grandmother was pregnant with his mom (the youngest of four children) in this photo given the timeframe. The photos came from an old newsletter from the steel mill that my husband's grandfather worked at. It was ripped out and folded. I think the photos that I scanned came out really nice though. And, of course, they are a whole lot larger than the tiny ones in the newsletter....








Supplies Used:

Patterned Paper: from DCWV Mainstreet stack

Cricut cartridge - George & Basic Shapes (for 7-3/4" circle behind title & journaling)

Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Black Soot, Antique Linen, Fired Brick (for Prima flowers)

Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist (for flowers)

QuicKutz flourishes die, Big Shot

Stickles: Black Diamond

Making Memories tiny black metal button brads

WRMK Brad Setter/Paper Piercer

Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch

Fiskars Good Times Quotes stamp set (for title)

small border stamp - from K&Co. $1 stamp set

Momento Tuxedo Black dye ink

Momento Lady Bug Red dual marker

Scotch ATG, Zig glue pen

Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

Attic Font

Sketch Inspiration: PageMaps (I ended up adding some of my own touches though).

That's all for now. Thanks for stoppin' by and have a nice evening...

0 comments: