A hodge podge of some of my crafting and cooking endeavors along with tidbits of everyday life.....
Monday, February 3, 2014
Bands of Color Layout and Update on my Little Dog
Our poor little dog, Rascal, was sooo sick last week. He was vomiting all weekend and had bloody diarrhea. As I said in my previous post, I had taken him to the vet on Monday, January 27th. He was given Centrine (Immodium for dogs) and Eurosyn (medicine in a big fat syringe that had vitamins in it). The vet said if he didn't get better within 24 to 48 hours that he wanted me to bring him back in. The vomiting stopped, however the bloody diarrhea did not. So on Wednesday, January 29th, I called the vet and told them that he was still really sick. They called me back and said that the vet wanted me to bring him back out so they could keep him and said that the vet wanted to make sure he didn't have pancreatitis. Our little guy ended up staying in the veterinarian hospital until Friday. Three days and two nights. It was so hard leaving him and they didn't allow visitors. At first he wouldn't eat, but then finally he did. They were feeding him prescription dog food made especially for diarrhea in dogs (Hills W/D) and the vet had started giving him an antibiotic, Metrinidazole. By late Friday morning, he was starting to have normal bowel movements and they said he was doing better and that we could come get him (thank Goodness!) The vet said he was really concerned because Rascal was very sick when we brought him in. He had had bloody diarrhea for close to a full week. Very scary. But the vet made him all better and I can't thank him enough. Rascal is still on the antibiotic and has a few more pills left. As I said before, he started getting really sick after we opened that new bag of Pedigree and we have since changed dog food brands. We really missed him and are so glad he's back home with us, and even more importantly, back to good health....
The kids had another two hour delay this morning due to snow, although we didn't really get that much. I had to run to WalMart to get coffee, bread, and a few other things and then I had a dentist appointment at noon for a cleaning and checkup. I started this layout last night and finished it earlier this evening...
The journaling says: "You have always loved doing crafts & being creative... everything from baked clay creations to Smashbooking to scrapbooking to making beaded friendship bracelets, drawing, writing stories & making videos, to Duck Tape crafts. Your latest craft of choice has been making rubberband bracelets out of ponytail holders we get over at Dollar General."
I was supposed to have Jury Duty tomorrow, but it has been rescheduled (again). We have to go back up to Pittsburgh for B's broken finger this week too. So it's a busy week, but at least I got a layout done. The patterned papers are from the American Girl paper pad. I love the bright, colorful, girly papers in this pad. The flowers are Jolee's that I got at WalMart this morning. I cut the stems off of most of them. I love how colorful, dimensional and detailed they are. I used a sketch from one of Scrapbook Generation's downloads.
And now I leave you with....
"You Know You're A Scrapbooker When...."
- when your daughter blows her birthday candles out while everyone is singing Happy Birthday to her and then you realize the picture turned out blurry. We can't have that, and so you relight the candles and have her blow them out again.
- when your daughter breaks her arm and you're sitting in the ambulance with her, and you're both upset and nervous, and you figure taking one picture with your phone won't hurt, "cause someday she'll be telling her grandkids about this day." (and yes, photos in the ER and the recovery room too).
- when you've heard probably more than once, either "Ma'am we don't allow pictures." or "We don't allow parents around the pool." And you think telling them... "Oh I just wanted one picture. I'm a scrapbooker." will shut them up because this involves your child and dammit it WILL be in her scrapbook.
- Your daughter has a huge collage of photos on her bedroom wall of all the pictures you've taken of her and her friends over the years. (copies of course).
- You have been known to hand your camera over to complete strangers so you can get a family photo somewhere like the zoo, a tourist attraction, etc. And always be sure to ask them to take two. In case someone blinks. (lesson learned there).
- You've handed your camera over to the waitress or waiter and asked them to please take a picture if it's a special occasion.
- You routinely tell your daughter to send you those pics she took with her iPod (selfies, etc.) so you can back them up on the computer to get printed out and scrapbooked later.
- You've sent your child to school on the day of her field trip with your decent camera and tell her to take some pictures so you can scrapbook this day for her. She comes home with awesome photos and even some detail shots. You are so proud. You have trained her well.
Hope you all have a pleasant evening....
Labels:
Punches - EK Success,
scrapbooking,
Sizzix
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment