Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Happy Spring!

Wow, I can't believe it's been six months since I've written a blog post. I've just been busy and haven't had a whole lot to say. I haven't scrapbooked since December. My room is a mess and that's killing my desire to create. I finally quit my crappy retail job a week ago and so now I'll actually have the energy and time to do some long overdue things around here including getting my craft/scrapbook room back in order. My wonderful husband got me the big Kallax (formerly known as the Expedit) from Ikea that I've been lemming after for years as an early birthday gift. It's still in the boxes in the garage waiting to be put together. We need to tear down a big computer desk first. With his schedule, it probably won't get put together for at least another few weeks or so. But that's okay. I've waited this long. Once I get my room put back together, I will be sure to post some pictures.

I've picked back up my cross stitching after a long five year hiatus and have been mostly concentrating on that since the beginning of the year. I've even started stitching on linen this time around. So glad I didn't get rid of all my stitching stuff. I stitched this during all those snow days we had this past winter....


This is North Pole Express by Little House Needleworks stitched with the Classic Colorworks hand-dyed floss that it came with on 32 ct. opalescent Belfast linen. I absolutely love this fabric. It's so pretty.

I'm working on another LHN project called Little House Neighborhood. I started it a few years ago actually but only had the tree itself stitched. This one is being stitched on 28 ct. tea-dyed Monaco...


I have since stitched the crows, sheep, grass and started on the red house to the right of the tree and sheep....



This project has been temporarily put aside to work on a baby sampler for my soon-to-be-born nephew! I am so excited that I am going to be an aunt again this coming June! Woohoo! My brother Bruce and his wife, Kerri, are expecting their first child. B. and I went to the baby shower a little over a month ago on Saturday, March 21st, at their church....









Aren't these cupcakes the cutest?? They had a honey-bee theme at the shower since the baby's nursery will be decorated in a Vintage Pooh theme....




 So I am trying to get this baby sampler stitched up within the next month so all I'll have to do is add all the birth stats when he's born. At least that's the plan. This pattern is from a Stoney Creek book called "Snug As a Bug" that I've had in my stash for years.....


My progress so far...



I have several or more projects kitted up ready to go that I'm also looking forward to stitching. They are all either Little House Needleworks or Lizzie*Kate charts. And one Plum Street Sampler limited edition one. (a new favorite).  I'm so happy to finally have my stitching mojo back again after all this time.

I've also discovered needleminders as you can see in the photo above. Needleminders are all the rage it seems in the stitching world. How did I stitch for 20 years without one?? So of course, I placed my very first order ever on Etsy for a couple that I liked. I love my new needleminders  and they are very nice to have while stitching. I'm using the other one to hold my scissors. Works for me......



Like I said, this was my first time ordering anything from Etsy and I got it rather quickly. 

National Scrapbook Day will be this Saturday. I'll be able to participate maybe during the morning, but have plans for the rest of the day. We are going to a scholarship benefit where there will be lots of local bands playing. Really looking forward to it. NSD has become one of my favorite "holidays". I just love all the excitement, sales, online crops, etc. and seeing everyone's projects.

Here are some of the scrapbook pages I made this past fall since the last time I posted...

I did a 30 Days of Thankfulness layout back in November (well the actual scrapbooking wasn't until the beginning of December). I really enjoyed doing this and plan to do it again this year....




I also made this really cool jingle bells shadow box. The inspiration came from the Kerri Bradford website and the cut file for the vinyl wording is from her site as well....


This was actually easier to do than I expected. I don't have a Silhouette, but a very nice lady online cut the Jingle phrase out on some vinyl with her Silhouette and sent it to me along with some transfer paper. It is adhered to the inside of the glass since she made it so the sticky side was towards the front. I got the 8x8 shadow box from JoAnn's (50% off) and the jingle bells were 60% off. The background paper is DCWV scrapbook paper from my stash. It's actually quite glittery. This was a fun, quick Christmas decor project to make. 

And some other pages I made...


I used actual heart paper doilies that I sponged pink Momento ink over to get the cool background effect. This layout was made for a recipe challenge that I participated in online. My recipe was: pink - love - stencils and arrows. It was my first "recipe" challenge and I really had fun with it. 



I added a 6" x 12" page protector in between with all the selfies that B. took on Halloween. I love doing this when I have a bunch of photos and don't want to leave anything out...



We have been getting back out on the local trails biking and walking. I haven't ridden a bike in years and still feel a bit awkward, but with new bike shorts and gloves, it makes it a little easier. 



My husband and B. have been riding their bikes more than several times this spring so far. I've only ridden once or walked a few times while they went riding. Anything to get a little much-needed exercise. And now that I'm no longer working that dreadful retail job, I'll be able to go with them whereas before I was rarely home in the evenings or during the weekends. 

This Friday, we will be making pepperoni rolls all day long for the school band in the cafeteria from 12:30-8:00. My husband and I signed up to help for the entire day. We are the only ones who signed up for an entire day and not just a couple hours (mind you, they will be making them all day Saturday too), but we are huge supporters of the band and love helping them as much as we can. I worked the concession stand during a few of the home games this past fall and really enjoyed that as well. They have a hard time getting the parents to help. So we try to do what we can and really enjoy being involved with the band boosters. They have 6,100 pepperoni rolls to make, so they need all the help they can get this year. 

Well that's it I think. I'm looking forward to warmer days ahead, the new baby, time spent with family and just enjoying my blessings which I am very thankful for. 

'til next time...


0 comments: