Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Beef Stew Recipe

Happy Friday Everyone! :^)

As promised, I am posting my recipe for Crockpot Beef Stew. It's been cooking all day and the house smells wonderful. The dinner rolls have more than doubled in size and are ready for the oven. I'll pop them in when my hubby comes in from shoveling the snow...


No, I did not make them. They are the Rhodes white Texas rolls that you buy from your grocer's freezer. But one of my goals this year is to try making some recipes that require yeast like homemade bread and such. I've never made anything that requires yeast, kneading, rising, etc. and I think it's about time that I do. So that is on my list of things to accomplish this year.

Without further ado, here is my beef stew recipe. I like to add more veggies than what the original recipe calls for...

CROCKPOT BEEF STEW

2 lbs. beef stew cubes
1/2 c. flour
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, minced (1/2 tsp. minced garlic from jar)
2 c. beef broth
1 bay leaf
4-5 potatoes, peeled and diced into bite-sized chunks
5 carrots, peeled and sliced into bite-sized chunks
2 ribs celery, sliced into thick chunks
1 large onion, chopped

Place beef stew cubes in 3-quart crockpot. Mix together flour, salt, pepper & paprika. Stir into meat until coated thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Cover. Cook on high about 2 hours and then turn down to low and cook another 7 hours.  



Enjoy, and I'll be back with a pic of the scrapbook layout I just finished....

0 comments: