Late Thursday Night, January 20, 2011 - after midnight.....
I hope you all are having a wonderful, long crafty weekend. I've actually been getting both some stitching and some scrapbooking done this week. My ornament is "almost" finished since I did alot of stitching on it this past week, especially during the Steelers game last Saturday and then during the Jets/Patriots game on Sunday. And I'm really looking forward to watching the Steelers this weekend with my hubby especially since they're so close to making it to the Super Bowl this year.
I love cozying up in my recliner under one of the big no-sew fleece throws that I made several years ago with a cross stitch project while watching tv... Especially during these cold winter days. I'm ready for a nice long weekend of stitching and scrapbooking. The kids are having another snow day tomorrow since we're expecting to get 3-6 inches. It's been snowing out there like crazy since this afternoon. So I'm planning on spending the next couple of days scrapbooking. I went out this morning and got a huge stack of photos developed from December thru this past week (and, yes, I did remember the bread and milk too, lol!). I started working on a layout of B. sled riding with the neighbor kids on their first snow day of the school year (from last week) earlier this evening. It's coming along very nicely and tomorrow I will ink the edges of everything, adhere it all down, and break out my new i-Rock tool to bling it up. Can't wait. Then it's on to scrapbook B.'s birthday, Christmas, etc. etc.
I plan on making some comfort food tomorrow for supper - beef stew (crockpot) and dinner rolls. The beef stew recipe comes from one of my most favorite cookbooks - "Fix It and Forget It." Well I did change the recipe up a bit like I always do and I'll be sure to share it in the next few days or so. I love cooking with my crockpot and this cookbook is awesome. I've made quite a few recipes out of it so far.
Until next time, I leave you with a work-in-progress pic of my ornament. All I have to do yet is finish the title (I {heart} Candy Canes) and do all the backstitching.....
Stay warm,




0 comments:
Post a Comment