We visited the indoor flea market in Walnut Creek. A lot of the things there were reasonably priced compared to what the local gift shops charge here. Love the Amish-made baskets they have for sale there...
My favorites were a basket with a liner that says "bread" on it and a covered basket that said "tea".
These same Vera Bradley-looking quilted purses sell for $20 more locally than what they are asking at the flea market. They are actually made by Bella Taylor and they had so many to choose from.....
Some hand-crocheted stuff. These tablecloths were absolutely gorgeous...
Of course a trip out to Amish Country means stopping by Heini's Cheese Chalet in Millersburg where they let you sample over 50 different varieties of cheese. I love me some cheese. Yum!
They also had free samples of this awesomely delicious fudge. I am usually not a big fan of fudge since it's generally too sweet for me. But this fudge was just divine. So creamy. So good. To die for...
Some of their delicious cheeses won blue ribbons at the State Fair this year....
We stopped by the Tis the Season Christmas Shoppe. Although I rarely buy anything there since they are a bit pricey, I just love looking at all of the decorated theme trees they have there. Three floors worth.....
We enjoyed a delicous Amish-cooked dinner at Der Dutchman. I had their broasted chicken and it was very good. A slice of peach pie was the perfect finishing touch to a delicious meal.
Before heading back home, we stopped by my sister-in-law's favorite (and now my favorite as well) - Swiss Country Lawn & Craft. They have the most amazing selection of country home & outdoor decor items. I absolutely loved it there. I ended up buying some burgundy-checked swag curtains for my kitchen there since they go perfectly with my country-primitive decor...
I have some cake candles made by Warm Glow, but had never seen cake candles this honkin' huge before. Now that's a serious candle.....
Uh, I'll take one of these beautiful gazebos please. You can set it up over there in the backyard. A girl can dream right??............
I had a lot of fun today and I hope to get together with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and do something like this again. I hope you all have a good Labor Day weekend. My beans are already cookin' in the crockpot for the family reunion tomorrow for my husband's father's side of the family.
Have a good evening and thanks for stoppin' by! :)





















0 comments:
Post a Comment