Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!




We couldn't ask for more gorgeous weather this weekend... beautiful, sunny and in the mid to high 70's. It's supposed to be 80 degrees tomorrow.




 Our rhododendrons are in full-bloom now and our Stella Dora daylilies have started getting buds this week.



My husband took the week off to get our new pool set up. He's been out there making sure the ground is still level from our last pool. He is going to have to dig (in the woods) and backfill to make up the difference in size since this new one is just slightly bigger. The gray pipes are actually the top part of the pool.



I just wanted to post real quick here to show you all my layout-of-the-week...

 Ok, so I am taking the Donna Jannuzzi Sketch Solutions class over at Big Picture Classes. It goes for the next four weeks (every other day May 22nd thru June 18th). This is the first Big Picture Class that I have taken. I couldn’t pass it up with an $8 off coupon code that I got. Anyway… I went through envelope after envelope until I found  just two photos that were in different orientations. Which is really really hard because I rarely ever just take TWO photos of anything. Sometimes I do. But rarely.  However, I did find these pictures of my husband and daughter when she was a baby that my mother-in-law took many years ago. Then I spent a couple of days this past week trying to make them work with the first sketch of the class from BPC. I just wasn’t feelin’ it though. *sigh*. So I gave up trying to get the sketch to work with the photos (because I don’t work that way anyway – I always start with the photos and then find a sketch). And so I went through all of my Scrapbook Generation sketch binders and books – nada. Nothing with two pictures – one horizontal and one vertical. But then it was Pinterest to the rescue and I found this sketch instead.


Perfect! This is the first layout I’ve scrapbooked with any of my daughter’s baby photos….


I used papers from the DCWV Nana's Nursery Girl stack and the banners were from a Making Memories banner kit I got at Big Lots earlier this year before they quit selling scrapbook stuff. Anyway, I'm sure I'll find a use for the boatload of sketches I got from the online sketch class I am taking. I just can't force myself to use a certain sketch if I don't have the right photos for it first. I know, I'm the one student that has to be difficult. lol! But that's how I roll.....

Well that's all for now. B. has a swimming/sleepover/birthday party to go to this evening. This is the second sleepover this weekend (different friend). We're supposed to have a cookout over at my husband's parents' tomorrow. Only one week of school left. Yea! And Ashley called yesterday to say that her and Sean will be in town for her sister's high school graduation next weekend. So we have a very busy week ahead...


Hope you all have a safe, Happy Memorial Day weekend!



0 comments: