Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

This Week's Scrapbook Layout, Our Nephew Got Married, etc. etc.




We celebrated Mother's Day last Sunday with my husband's family out at a restaurant called The Mill Creek Inn. It's an old farmhouse that someone remodeled years ago and that you have to make reservations for. My in-laws had been there more than several times in the past. But this was my husband, B.'s and my first time going there. The home-cooked food was fantastic and very reasonably priced. I wish it were the type of restaurant where you could go more often. But they only have room for so many people and it's something you have to plan ahead for....








I had already celebrated Mother's Day with my own mom the Sunday before when we went up that weekend....




Anyway.... after we came home later that afternoon from the restaurant on Mother's Day, I went to work out in the flower beds here at home and started planting the flowers I had bought. I ended up going back out to Lowe's at least one or two more times, plus Kroger's temporary outdoor garden center and planted more flowers throughout the week. I planted six wave petunias (pinks, white, purple), plus a bunch of single ones, the zinnias my sister-in-law gave me from Amish Country, geraniums, caletunias, a couple gerbera daisies, plus got five hanging baskets (four for under the deck where the patio is out back). And a nice planter for the front porch.



I think I am done.... for now.  I still have the deck to do, but it really needs cleaned or painted or something first. But at least the flowers for the front yard are done and the beds have been re-mulched.

Our rhododendrons started blooming the other day too. We planted this bush from a cutting that my mother-in-law gave us about ten years ago....





Our nephew, Matt, told his parents that he and Steph were going to get married on Thursday (May 15th) out in California. We all knew that they were planning on getting married because they've been engaged for over a year and a half, but they hadn't set a date yet. Then they decided not to have a big wedding and said they were going to have a small private ceremony in CA. But then they decided to get married this past week and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law just found out about it the day before Mother's Day. My sister-in-law was able to fly out last minute ($$$), but our brother-in-law couldn't. They are going to have a reception here for them this summer in late August. Matt is the head baseball coach for one of the colleges out there in California, and Steph is the head women's lacrosse coach at a nearby college to where his is.

They both look so very happy and we are so thrilled and happy for them! May they have a long, beautiful life together....








B. had her Spring Band Concert this past Wednesday, May 14th. She played the bells, bass drum, snare drum and cymbals. This was her (and everyone else's) first year of band. Next year, they'll start practicing every day during the school week and her band director said she may not have to bring home that very heavy bell kit to practice on anymore. She can just leave it at home to practice with and use the equipment at the school. He said that once she gets to high school, they don't use the bell kit as much anymore and are more focused on the drums. The concert was very nice. These kids have come a long way since the beginning of the year! I love the band. It's my favorite part of any high school football game....


A new self-serve frozen yogurt place just opened here last Saturday and B. and I discovered it on Thursday. It was really good! B. wants me to take her again today. So I will try and get this blog post done quickly. lol! So I leave you with some pictures of the layout that I made yesterday for the layout-a-week challenge I'm doing....

These pics were from spring picture day last year....









I used patterned papers from several collections - MAMBI, K&Co. and Colorbok, embellishments are K&Co., American Girl (which I found over at Gabe's fairly recently), and Making Memories (flower pins), die cut behind title is from Spellbinders Labels 8. I just got the Darice butterfly swirl border embossing folder on Friday at JoAnn's on clearance for $1.97.  Monarch butterfly border punch is Martha Stewart. I inked the edges of everything with Peacock Feathers distress ink. Sketch inspiration is from Scrapbook Generation.

Well, school is winding down and there's only about two weeks left. My husband is taking the week of Memorial Day off to do some things around here including getting our new pool set up. I am so looking forward to summer.


til next time...



0 comments: