Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Old Man Winter Is Back Again

I've been feeling under-the-weather this past week - sinus headaches, runny/stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing, ugh. At least it waited to hit me until after my trip to the dentist to have an old filling replaced. My tooth had started to bother me this past week when I ate on that side. Fun fun fun. Soooo...

Today was a nice change of pace. I spent the afternoon with B., her grandmother (my mother-in-law), and my little nephew. We went to the movies and saw Justin Bieber in 3-D which was pretty cool. And as much as I never thought I'd say it - it actually was a good movie. B. loooovvvves Justin Bieber. I glanced over at her a few times during the movie and there she was  every time I looked over - holding up her 3-D glasses with both hands, watchin' the movie on the big screen with a big 'ole grin from ear to ear - sooooo stinkin' cute! lol!

By the time the movie was over, it was sleeting out. We stopped at Wendy's and had a late lunch then went home. The weather forecast late last night (11 pm) said we were only supposed to get some rain today and then 1-2" of snow tonight. No big deal, right? Well, it's been snowing a lot out there this evening.... so weird to see big huge snowflakes coming down while it's thundering and lightning at the same time.... thunder snow?? lol!  Yep, we had thunder snow a couple hours ago. Plus the kids are having a snow day tomorrow.  So the long weekend has just gotten even longer. It is really windy out there, so the snow has blown up against the door and we can't get it open to take the dogs out. Opened the door and there's a wall of snow. lol! Poor dogs didn't know what to do. So my hubby is heading out there to shovel. 1-2" - no big deal - um... yeah right. I just checked the weather forecast again - and now it's saying 5" to 8"..... and it looks like we already got about 8" out there already. Crazy!

Winter ain't over yet....

0 comments: