Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Valentine Candy iPods

I hope you all are having a good weekend. Poor B. caught the stomach bug and was up literally all night Thursday with it. It was awful. Poor thing. Neither one of us slept that night. Needless to say, she missed her first day of school yesterday because of it. And also missed the Super Bowl Pep Rally at school. She was all ready to go with her Steelers painted nails in black and gold....

 
But at least she's feeling better today and is back to her sassy, witty self.

I decided we better get started with the Valentine treats that B. will be giving out during her class party because it's coming up soon plus we need to make her Valentine box yet too. So this is what we've been working on today and I wanted to show you all real quick what we're makin' while we take a short break. These are so stinkin' cute!...

 
I found the idea on www.familyfun.com. But I decided to change them up just a bit by running my cardstock through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug tiny hearts embossing folder that I got at Big Lots last year for only $2 and by adding our version of the iPod "apple" on the back - by using a heart instead where B. can put her name to say who it's from. The "bite" was made using a 1/2" circle punch. I also had to cut my cardstock 1/2" shorter width-wise than what the instructions say because of the brand of candy hearts we're using. The iPod song list and dial on the front were downloaded from familyfun.com. You can also get the basic instructions for the candy iPods there as well. I used my 1-1/2" circle punch to punch out the dials for all of the iPods. It made that part go so much quicker especially since we're making about 30 of these...




I have to say that the most time-consuming, tedious part of this project is cutting out all those 4" aluminum foil circles for wrapping the "ear buds" which are miniature Reese's cups. The plastic lid is what we're using to trace around for the circles. All-in-all, this is a fun project to make with your kids and we're really enjoying it so far. I'm planning on putting each of the candy iPods in their own little Ziploc bag to keep them from getting all tangled together. Then making a topper for the bags that say U Rock on them...


We're gonna get back to work on them now. Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

0 comments: