This has been in the family for many, many years. It was my husband's paternal great-grandmother's sewing machine, then it belonged to his grandmother, then his aunt & uncle, then his cousin for the past 30 some years, and she gave it to us because she doesn't have the room for it where she lives. She wanted to make sure it would stay in the family and knew my husband would make sure that it does. So this sewing machine has been in the family for four generations so far. My husband and his cousin went out and picked it up earlier today and brought it home and now it sits in a prominent place in our living room. I feel so honored to have a piece of family history in my home and will take special care of it until we give it to our daughter, the fifth generation, someday and, hopefully, it will always stay in the family for many generations to come......
There are even some antique buttons, old manuals, and a couple of metal tins filled with parts inside the various drawers of the cabinet....
I am sooo super excited that it is finally sitting in my living room (it was promised to us sometime last year) and I can't stop looking at it. lol! It needs a new belt so that it can work again. So my husband is Googling to try and find one now. Thanks for stoppin' by and I hope you all have a wonderful evening...












0 comments:
Post a Comment