Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Heritage Layout #15

Happy Thursday Afternoon! :)

It's a gorgeous-not-too-hot, sunny day today. B. and I had a little picnic out on the deck for lunch earlier. It's nice out there since my husband stained it last weekend, and replaced the solar deck lights with some ones that the bees can't build nests in, and he put a new doggy gate up since the other one broke.

B. just finished up another couple weeks of swimming lessons this morning. She's doing very well and is swimming in 13 foot water and jumping off the high dive now with no backpack. I'm sooooo proud of her. She's *almost* ready to pass Level III. She can do all the swimming strokes (butterfly, freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke,  etc.). She just needs to work on her diving off the side of the pool and getting her hands in the water before the rest of her body. She just plops in and can't seem to get the diving part. Once she can do that, the lifeguards will move her to Level IV. They said she does better than the seven kids in their other class with the swimming part of it. I know she'll get the diving part eventually. I'm just happy she can swim in deep water now. And, like I said, I'm so very proud of her. She's been the only one in her class/level these past couple of  weeks, so she's been getting some great one-on-one help from three different lifeguards.. And I think that's been a huge help. 

Anyhoo, I created another layout last night for my mother-in-law's heritage album. I worked on it until past midnight so I could get it finished. It's getting down to the last week before the family reunion and so I really need to stay focused and work on getting this album done. I think I have about eight more layouts to do yet plus some simple layouts with copies of documents like marriage & birth certificates from Italy, and the manifest record from when husband's ancestors came over from Italy through Ellis Island. This layout is of my husband's grandparents, Jessie & Roscoe....



Supplies Used:

Sketch Inspiration From: Got Sketch?

Background Patterned Paper: from DCWV Tattered Time stack, all the rest are from the Bo Bunny Timepiece Collection

Photo Corner, keyhole trinket, brad in center of clock, Bound By Love sticker - Bo Bunny Timepiece Collection

WRMK paper piercer, brad setting tool

The clock is from one of the design papers in the Timepiece collection. I punched it out with a 3" circle punch.

The journaling spot was made with my Hero Arts huge ledger stamp and my 3" circle punch. "Unforgettable" is part of a stamp set from the $1 bin at JoAnn's. Number stamps are from Fiskars.

Jenni Bowlin dye ink: Brown Sugar, Chili Powder

The title was cut from one of the design papers.

Tim Holtz - Tiny Attacher, and Distress Inks in Antique Linen, Tea Dye, and Vintage Photo, craft sheet, ink blending tool

Other circle punches used: 2-1/4", 2-1/2"

Border Punches: Vine Trim and eyelet lace from Martha Stewart, Scalloped Sentiment from Fiskars

Zutter Distrezz-it-all

Glossy Accents (to adhere keyhole trinket to page), Scotch foam adhesive, ATG, Zig Glue Pen

And I did some stitching too.

Well, time to get back in my scrapbook room and get working on another layout for the heritage album before my husband gets home and we head out to one of the local parks so B. can practice riding a bike. Our driveway is on a hill and is not the best place to learn how to ride a bike because there's really not enough room. So we've been taking her out in the evenings to teach her how to ride a two-wheeler. The training wheels are off now, she just needs to practice more.  Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

0 comments: