A hodge podge of some of my crafting and cooking endeavors along with tidbits of everyday life.....
Saturday, August 20, 2011
The Last Days of Summer Vacation...
I hope you all are having a good weekend. I had a lot of errands to run today and didn't get much done here at home. We've had a lot going on this week to keep us plenty busy. The back-to-school rally is tomorrow and then B. and I have a baby shower to go to later on in the day. There's a 70% chance of rain tomorrow along with thunderstorms, but I hope it stays nice even though. I did more baby shower shopping this morning to pick up a few more things. Then this afternoon I put together a nice gift basket for the mother-to-be with all sorts of baby essentials from sleepers, to a cute alligator bath robe, baby wash clothes, Johnson's head-to-toe baby bath wash & lotion, to diapers & baby wipes, little hats, bottles, baby spoons, and pacifiers to a cute baby boy photo album that looks like bib overalls on the cover complete with straps and metal buttons and a "pocket" to insert a picture on the front - just like real overalls. Too stinkin' cute. The "basket" is actually a Munchkins canvas tote with handles on the sides for storing stuff in the baby's room (from Target). I wrapped it all up in tulle and added some curly ribbon. It turned out really cute and I don't think I could fit one more thing in there. lol! I love shopping for baby stuff. And I sure had fun getting this put together for tomorrow...
Remember how I was telling you all a couple blog posts ago how this must be the year for babies between both sides of the family?? Welllll.... my aunt called earlier to tell me that my cousin who was expecting a girl any day now - actually had her baby a few weeks ago! They named her Ella Nicole. Such a pretty name. I really like it. Nicole is also my cousin's middle name. She was named after our Uncle Nicholas who was killed in a car accident when he was in his teens/early 20's back in the late 60's. So we never got to know him. But I would have loved to.
Then my aunt told me that my other cousin (her son - the one who just got married back in May ) - that he and his wife are also expecting a baby next February! Their baby is due almost 9 months to THE DAY from the day they got married on back in May! lol! My aunt is so happy and excited and just loves being a grandmother. So I will be on the lookout for more baby things since I know there's gonna be a baby shower this coming winter. We won't know if they're having a boy or girl until sometime next month. I'm so happy for all of them.
We went out to our local fair on Wednesday evening and had a really nice time. I took some pics of some of the crafts and other things at the fair. There wasn't much for cross stitch though. It was mostly quilts, some crochet, sewn costumes or clothes and that type of thing. Although the one quilt that won a blue ribbon had embroidered squares on it...
This was one of B's favorites. She kept saying "look at the pink princess dress!"....
One of B's favorite things about the fair (besides getting to ride the rides) is getting to see all the animals. She even got to pet a cow and thought that was like the greatest thing. B. loves all animals and it just warms my heart to see how loving she is with them. So sweet...
I did manage to get more stitching done on my pansies project in the past few days. Although I had some frogging to do because I was one stitch off on the basket. But it's all fixed now and I'm ready to continue...
Have a pleasant Sunday tomorrow and thanks for stoppin' by....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














0 comments:
Post a Comment