Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Counting My Blessings





I swear the people around here don't know how to drive. I was coming out of one of the local shopping plazas. Got to the traffic light and saw that it was green. Thought to myself "Oh good, I don't have to sit through a red light coming out of here for once." I proceed to cross the road to get to Aldi's on the other side..... when out of NO WHERE comes this red pick-up truck FLYING through their red light! They came this {-} close to hitting me. Thank goodness I saw them through the corner of my eye and was able to hit the brakes quick enough to avoid them hitting me. My young daughter, B., was with me sitting in the back seat. There was a young man (teenager?) standing up in the back of the pick-up with a bunch of lumber and B. said she saw him laughing/smiling as they sped on through after they almost hit us. This is the 3rd time this year  that I've almost been in an accident because some *bleepity-bleep* ran the damn red light.  And that's not counting the number of times someone decided the stop signs downtown were "optional".  Apparently around here the light being red means floor it  so you don't have to sit through it and never mind the people or children you might change the lives forever of or worse. Where's a cop when you need one? I'm so thankful that someone was watching over B. and me. Again. 
          Need something to calm my nerves now so I'm gonna go stitch so I can hopefully stop thinking about      
          it...







0 comments: