Well today started out rather normal. Did a little Christmas shopping with my husband, came home cleaned house, picked B. up from school and waited for my older step-daughter, A. (who lives far away) to come visit with her boyfriend she wanted to introduce us to (first time she's ever introduced us to any of her boyfriends - but then again she lives really far away).
I took the opportunity to get A. in a family photo for our Christmas card (for once) with our dogs too. Her boyfriend, S. took 2 pics of all of us - and our one dog is completely in front of B.'s face in both pictures. So much for trying to get a picture with all of us in it. I still plan to use it for the Christmas card though and will include a separate pic of B. by herself in her Christmas dress from last night before the choir concert and do a collage type of card instead. Anyway...
We invited the whole family over so they could see A. and meet her boyfriend. Turns out he proposed to her last night at the Steelers game during halftime! He's a really nice guy and I like him a lot so far. So well-mannered and clean cut. They've known each other since high school.
......So we're all visiting and having a good time when my brother-in-law gets a phone call from the neighbor - their dog had snuck out the door when he went to get the mail and he didn't realize she had - and she got hit by a car this evening. :( The person who hit her didn't even have the decency to stop. :( The kids are devastated. I feel so awful for all of them. So so very heart wrenching. It's a day I know I'll never forget....
R.I.P. Sweet Dear Maggie :(

0 comments:
Post a Comment