Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Better Way to Store my Paper Scraps...

Today was the first day that it actually felt like spring for once this season. It was really windy out, but in the mid-60's and sunny. We had the windows open and it was really nice.

Sittin' here watching Rock of Ages with my husband. Tom Cruise and  Alec Baldwin are in it. It's such a corny movie, but yet we can't stop watching.... we can relate to everything in it because it takes place in the 80's. lol! To think that I used to dress like that back in high school... jean jacket with rolled up sleeves, Madonna bracelets, the make-up, the hair, the Aqua Net. Ahhh the memories. lol! I know the words to every. single. song. It's actually a pretty good movie, but, yeah, corny, yet cute & fun at the same time. lol!  If you grew up in the 80's, you have to watch Rock of Ages. It came out last year.

Anyhoo... this is just a quick post to show you how I'm storing my paper scraps now. I "thought" I had broken one of my Sterilite drawer units the other day when I was rearranging my scrapbooking room. I was almost on the verge of throwing it out, in fact. I'm almost certain that they've quit making these drawer units from Sterilite. I say that because someone in a YouTube video said they did and I can't find them around here anymore. Wal-Mart and JoAnn's both quit selling them, but I just so happened to find two of them at a different Wal-Mart 20 minutes away the other day. Turns out, the one that was almost thrown out was fixable, so now I have storage for my paper scraps which I had been storing in a 12x12 Cropper Hopper accordian envelope before......






The top drawer has red, then orange & yellow scraps are in the next one, then green & brown, blue & purple, black & pink, with the last drawer being white, off white, ivory and vellum scraps. I could actually use another drawer unit. But, like I said, I don't think I'm going to find anymore of these around here anytime soon.....

But, uh, maybe that's a good thing though. lol!


0 comments: