Well, just when we were starting to get somewhat of a break from winter this past week with the close-to 50 degree temperatures and melting snow, we find out we have yet another winter storm coming our way today and tomorrow. It was already snowing out there when I got up a little after 8 a.m. this morning. They say we are expected to get "a significant amount" of snow this time. So it looks like tomorrow will end up being another snow day. My husband has already decided to take tomorrow off from work since he was scheduled to be working down where all the ice rain is supposed be a few hours away.
Can you believe that just about a week ago, last Saturday, it was beautiful, sunny and 50 degrees out? (Well it was actually 46 degrees just yesterday too). The car was filthy dirty and I couldn't take it any longer. So after I got done working out at the gym last Saturday, I headed to the car wash. Usually, my husband takes care of getting the cars washed. So this was my first time taking the car through on my own. The first time I tried, I must not have pulled up far enough, I'm guessing it was either my fault or the bay I was in wasn't working right, because the same thing happened to another lady. I was already out $9, but like I said, the car was filthy and I wasn't going home until it was clean, so I drove back around and tried the other bay and it worked fine. The line was rather long that day because it was the first warm day we'd had all winter. I went back out there on Monday and told them what happened and they gave me a coupon for a free car wash the next time I go there. Yes, I felt like an idiot, but there's a first time for everything. So oh well. Live and learn. It took all of about two days before the car started getting dirty again. *sigh* I can't win. lol!
B. got invited to a sleepover yesterday at a new friend she's made this school year who lives out in the country. So my husband and I went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant yesterday (my favorite) after L.'s mom came to pick B. up. It sounds like B. had fun out there and her friend and her family she stayed with last night are really nice people. My husband said the dad asked him if he fishes when he went out to pick B. up this morning, and he told him yeah. So he said he's welcome to come out and fish in their pond anytime. And B. may get to go fishing there with her friend when the weather gets nicer this spring or summer. B. sent me a bunch of pictures she took with her iPod because she thought it was really pretty out there. My husband left over an hour ago to go get her this morning. And is just now getting home. The roads are covered with snow since it has been snowing non-stop for hours now. The snow plows haven't even been on our road yet, and the roads were getting bad out that way where B. was at too. It wasn't going to start snowing until 3 p.m. today, but then it got changed to 8 a.m.
Here is my layout this week. I did it yesterday morning. I've come to find out that it takes me, on average, about two hours to do a single page layout. I'm pleased with how this one turned out and I wanted to make sure I got this particular selfie pic of B. and I scrapbooked....
I used papers from the "Girly Girl" Colorbok stack I got at WalMart, Colorbok word stickers I picked up at Big Lots the other day, some EK Success retro flower punches, MME enamel dots I just got from Joann.com this past week, the swirls are from a Sizzix die, Jolee's butterfly sticker I got in a pack on clearance at WalMart on Friday, MS border punch, Ali Edwards journaling stamp, date was stamped with Lawn Fawn stamps, EK Success notebook edge punch, and the "You and Me" stamped title is from a dollar stamp from J's. Sketch inspiration is from the SG One on One sketch book.
Well that's all for now. We're going up to my in-laws' here in a couple hours for spaghetti and meatballs. My mother-in-law called yesterday to invite us up. So, yea, I don't have to cook two days in a row! But since we are eating so early today, I don't know. I know we'll all be hungry again come early evening. So we'll see. My mother-in-law always eats early on Sundays - 1:30-2:00 after church.
Anyway, stay warm, drive safe and thanks, as always, for stopping by....







0 comments:
Post a Comment