Today was a pretty low-key quiet day. We celebrated our nephew's upcoming 10th birthday earlier this evening and then my husband and I started watching the new season of "House of Cards" on Netflix after we got home. We loved watching it last season too. With Netflix, you get to download the whole season at once and just watch it whenever you want. We watched two episodes this evening. I'll just watch whatever my husband wants to watch usually. But there are two shows that I really like and that hold my interest while watching and that's "House of Cards" on Netflix and "Amish Mafia." We really liked the Sopranos on HBO, but that doesn't exist anymore. Oh and "Chuck". We loved that one too. I miss Chuck and was sad when that series ended. So if you have Netflix, I highly recommend "House of Cards". But you would have to watch it from the beginning.
Anyway... I stayed up late last night past midnight to make this layout for the 50 layouts challenge I'm doing this year where I have to create at least one layout every week. I've been wanting to scrapbook this story for awhile now and I'm so glad it's finally in the book. It's another layout from Ashley and Sean's wedding...
The journaling says: "After the wedding ceremony, I
found you & one of Ashley's other sisters, Loretta, playing with lizards.
You told me later - "If only my dress had pockets, because then those
lizards would have been coming home with me."
Patterned papers are from DCWV Lemon Flower (I'm scrapbooking this wedding with mostly papers from this stack). Glittered cardstock is from DCWV La Creme. Yes, I cut out the centers of the background pp and the glitter cs. Can't be wasting it since I'll probably need it later, so there's a cardstock base that you can't see. MS French Scroll Punch-Around-The-Page set, MS butterfly punches, Thickers, green round stickers from walmart, bling flourishes are colorbok from Big Lots, Prima circles bling, the rhinestones in the centers of the flowers and on the journaling spot came from the wedding section at J's - they're by David Tutera. Goes really well with the yellow/gray colors of the wedding. Speaking of the flowers, I got those in a big pack at Big Lots a long time ago. I glimmer misted them and added Stickles to the tips of the petals one day just playing around in my scraproom. They've been in a jar for years. Glad I finally found a use for them, the gray satin ribbon is American crafts ribbon and is also from Big Lots, Fiskars journaling stamp, and the charcoal half-pearl on the butterfly is from a pack I got in the dollar bin at J's.
Speaking of Ashley, she called a few weeks ago to let us know that she and Sean are expecting their first child this summer! We are so happy and excited for them!
I also did a little tweaking on this next layout this past week that I posted recently that I said I didn't like the title area of and also added some embellishments....
Before:
After:
I like this version so much better. I couldn't stand how the Ready For was just floating there with nothing to anchor it to the layout. The arrow solved that problem and the strips of paper across the top helped with the big area of stark whiteness which was also bugging me. The school themed stickers were ones that I got at Dollar General back when I first started scrapbooking that I had actually given to B. She had them out in the living room for some reason (unopened) and I told her I was going to use them on a layout. lol! So I put them on cardstock, cut them out and pop-dotted them up on the layout. And added some punched tiny stars and enamel dots.
Well that's it's for now. Hope you all are having a nice weekend....






0 comments:
Post a Comment