Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast

Happy Tuesday Everyone! :)

I tried a new recipe out today for supper and wanted to share it real quick with you all. One of the local grocery stores had boneless pork loin roast on sale today and so I picked one up this morning. Since I usually cook pork roast with sauerkraut, and I wasn't in the mood for sauerkraut today, I started looking through a cookbook on my shelf that I hadn't tried any of the recipes in yet, Fix It & Enjoy It, looking for a pork roast recipe to try. As you all know (if you've been following my blog), "Fix It & Forget It" is one of my most favorite crockpot cookbooks. So I bought "Fix It & Enjoy It" a few years ago before the local bookstore went out of business. It has regular stovetop and oven recipes in it including this Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast recipe...


The recipe turned out delicious and I served it alongside homemade mashed potatoes, pork gravy, and Italian green beans. This is a keeper for sure and I'll be making it again...

CRANBERRY-GLAZED PORK ROAST

2-1/2 lb. boneless pork loin roast
salt & pepper
16 oz. can whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/2 c. orange juice
1/4 c. brown sugar

Rub pork roast with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours. Meanwhile, combine cranberry sauce, orange juice, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over low-med heat until mixture comes to a boil, making a thin sauce. After the meat has baked, brush (or pour) 1/4 of the sauce over the roast and bake, uncovered, another 30 minutes. Remove the roast from the pan and place it on serving platter. Cover with foil and allow to stand for about 1/2 hour. Slice thinly and serve with remaining sauce. 



Enjoy and thanks for stoppin' by! :)




0 comments: