T.G.I.F. Everyone! :) It was such a beautiful, warm, sunny day here today. I hope you all had a pleasant St. Patrick's Day yesterday. You could say that it's become tradition that I make this yummy, moist, and GREEN cake every year for St. Patrick's Day along with a big pot of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine back when I was pregnant with B. She looks forward to when I make it and likes to call it "Leprechaun Cake" and says that "it's green, it's delicious, and leprechauns will probably eat it."
PISTACHIO CAKE
1 pkg. (18-1/4 oz.) white cake mix (with "pudding in the mix")
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) instant pistachio pudding mix
1 c. lemon-lime soda (Sprite, Faygo, etc.)
1 c. vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional - I actually left them out this time and it still turned out delicious)
Frosting:
1-1/2 c. cold milk
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) instant pistachio pudding
1 carton (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Beat on medium speed for two minutes; stir in walnuts. Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for two minutes. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over cake. Refrigerate about 1/2 hour before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 12-15 servings.
Hope you enjoy & that you have a wonderful weekend,




0 comments:
Post a Comment