I've been asked to make a heritage scrapbook album by my mother-in-law. She found some family that she never really knew about in the past year or so (her cousin who is 80+ years old and her family). She went to visit them a couple of times and now she wants to get everyone together to meet this other branch of the family tree and have a big family reunion this summer. She asked me if I would put together a scrapbook album to have at the reunion since everyone is going to be bringing pictures to share. She has some documents like a copy of the ship record of when her dad came over from Italy to America, etc. . I'm actually excited about doing this and really looking forward to it. I've never scrapbooked anything heritage or vintage before. I know I'm probably going to be doing a lot of one-photo/one-page layouts. My plan is to use one line of patterned papers for the whole scrapbook. I just need to decide on what papers, etc. I'll be using. So I'll be busy working on that in the coming months. Of course I'll be keeping a copy of all the pictures, documents, etc. for my hubby, daughter and me. So, in the long run I'll be scrapbooking this side of the family's heritage album twice.
I picked up a couple of Gooseberry Patch cookbooks recently from JoAnn's. I haven't seen any Gooseberry Patch cookbooks there in a long time so it was nice to see some fresh new ones...
Gooseberry Patch cookbooks are some of my favorites next to Taste of Home and I've slowly been adding them to my cookbook library during the past 12 years or so. (Shhh! the Slow Cookers, Casseroles & Skillets cookbook is actually a birthday gift for my mother-in-law since today's her birthday). I plan to go back and buy another one for myself. She's been saying that she never knows what to cook these days. I thought this might give her a little inspiration to try a few new recipes. :)
Here is a simple, delicious slow cooker recipe that I made yesterday for supper that doesn't require very many ingredients. I picked up some round steaks on sale the other morning and found the recipe somewhere online which I changed up a bit. It turned out really good and the round steaks were fork-tender. I'll definitely be making this again...
SLOW COOKER ROUND STEAK
2-1/2 lbs. eye of round steaks, cut into quarters
1 large onion, sliced
2 cans (10.5 oz. each) cream of mushroom soup
1-1/2 tsp. oregano
cooked noodles
Put round steaks in bottom of crockpot. Top with sliced onions. Spread cream of mushroom soup over top. Sprinkle with oregano. Cover and cook on high for 2 hrs. Then on low for about 6 hours. Serve over top of cooked noodles. I used the thick, wide Amish-made noodles. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Hope you enjoy and thanks for stoppin' by! :)



0 comments:
Post a Comment