A hodge podge of some of my crafting and cooking endeavors along with tidbits of everyday life.....
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
How I'm spending my mornings this week...
I hope you all are enjoying the week so far. I went and had my hair cut and highlighted early Monday morning. It looks a whole lot better now. Yesterday was election day and since B. had choir practice before school, I had my voting all done by 8:30 a.m. Needless to say, it's a busy week here for me since I'm doing a lot of volunteering at the school. I signed up to help B's class with their paper mache globes for all three days this week, plus I'm helping out with the Homework Heroes party that they're having in the afternoon tomorrow as well. The (math-science-social studies) teacher rewards the kids who did their homework every single day for the previous month with a party sometime during the first week of each month. The parents pay for the food. Last time they got Wendy's and this time it's McDonald's. It's for the entire class for that grade - so 60-some kids altogether.
Then B. has a little choir concert for Veteran's Day during school also this week. She made a new friend at school already today. They got a new student this morning and it turns out that they had already met once before at a mutual friend's birthday party last month. B.'s friend S. had started going to Catholic school this year (I mentioned her before). They still keep in touch with each other which is really nice. And this new girl C. went to S's school but is going to B's school now. So that's how they all know each other.
....And it's me and my husband's anniversary this week as well. Busy busy busy. I'm hoping to get more done on my December Daily but it may have to wait until this weekend. We shall see. I did manage to get a load of laundry in the washer, clean the kitchen up, finally take down and put away all the Halloween decorations, and get dinner planned before I left this morning. We're havin' meatloaf and mashed potatoes tonight.
Anyway.... today was the first day of helping out with the paper mache globes in B's class. It was also my very first time working with paper mache. It was a learning experience for all of us. We used a mixture of flour, glue, water and cinnamon and - salt (used to prevent mold). And although it was quite messy, it was also a lot of fun helping all the kids with their globes. Today we put the first layer on and then we'll put another layer on tomorrow and a third one on Friday. Next Tuesday they'll get to paint their globes and the teacher said that I can come in and help with that too if I want. Just call me the queen of paper mache. lol!
Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment