Just sittin' here before I start dinner coming up with a list of things I want to include in my December Daily. So here's my list in no particular order so far....
Mine will be going from about Thanksgiving (on or the day after) through New Years. ...
Decorating the trees (we put up three in our house plus a little 4' one in B's room.
Special ornaments and the story behind them (for the days I have nothing else going on)
Our lighted Christmas village from Penney's
advent calendar
The outside of the house decorated
Any snowy days we may get.
B. singing in the choir during light up night downtown.
The Christmas concert at school (another choir event).
Christmas shopping - not sure how I'll go about that one yet.
different school events - Santa's workshop (if I have time to volunteer that is, I'm usually too busy with everything else) and
Breakfast with Santa or whatever Christmas party type thing they do in the classroom at B's school (things are different this year so I'm not sure how they're doing Christmas - it was always a party before).
Watching Christmas movies together, eating popcorn
Treat bags or whatever I come up with for B's class for Christmas - maybe a picture of her helping me put the treat bags together beforehand.
Any other school happenings.
B. sipping hot cocoa - with a candy cane in the cup for added Christmasy effect. lol! I did a whole layout last year like that. Turned out cute. Especially with the Christmas tree in the background from the dining room.
Our dogs
B. sleeping
In Christmas jammies sitting in front of the Christmas tree.
wrapped presents
picture of rolls of wrapping paper I'm using. Maybe some punched out samples (squares). One or the other. Maybe both.
The pile of addressed Christmas cards I'm sending out this year - maybe my Christmas card list too.
Maybe pictures of different Christmas cards we get in the mail
The decorated cupcakes from the bakery that I'll be sending in for B's birthday for her class before they go on Christmas break.
B's birthday
Baking cookies and making other holiday treats
My husband hanging up lights or garland.
Any other crafty projects I may be working on.
The Christmas card (picture) we'll send out this year. I need to get busy with that here soon come to think of it.
My husband and I usually go out to lunch together at least once during the season while Christmas shopping. I'll somehow get a picture of that real quick when he's not looking. lol!
Newspaper or tv headlines about the weather. Maybe we'll get lucky enough to get a snowstorm... Great scrapbooking material. lol!
More than likely though, we'll have a 2 hour delay for school due to freezing temperatures. I'll take a pic of that as it rolls across the tv screen. We had more than a few of those last Dec.
my DH shoveling snow. Hoping to get a snow blower this year.
B's annual letter to Santa and the milk, cookies and carrot for the reindeer that she puts out every Christmas Eve.
Christmas morning
Christmas Day
B. playing with her new toys
The dogs and their new doggy Christmas stockings - maybe with their heads inside the stocking trying to get to the rawhide bone that Santa will bring them.
B. on the phone with her Nana (my mom) who's livin' it up in FL since we won't be spending any holidays together this year.
Moving on to happier stuff....
Maybe me cooking Christmas dinner.
Oooh - one of my very favorites - My husband and B. holding a lit candle in church on Christmas Eve as we sing "Silent Night". So soo pretty...
My DD in her Christmas dress on Christmas Eve. Close-up of her new pretty glittery gold shoes.
Watching for Santa on Norad on the computer - seeing where he is in the world.
B. opening the e-mail from Santa that has her picture and everything on Christmas Eve.
All the different trees decorated (living room, family room and dining room (gingerbread men).
Our stockings all hung up waiting for Santa.
The dining room decorated for Christmas - we have the skinny tree with gingerbread ornaments in the one corner - the dining room table with Christmas place mats and table runner, I'll probably buy a poinsettia again this year for the centerpiece or maybe put a poinsettia on the counter where the breakfast bar is. And then there's our hutch with the Christmas village. And the light above the table gets decorated with greenery and red bows too.
Maybe some pictures of after-Christmas sales going on - (eh we'll see - I'm usually too broke and not really in a shopping mood by then. lol!)
New Years Eve - playing board games with B. The ball coming down on TV at midnight.
If I'm not completely burned out by New Years Day - then maybe a picture of the pork roast and sauerkraut I'll be making and a list of my goals for the coming year. New Year's Eve may be my last day though. We'll see. We usually take all the Christmas stuff down on New Years. Sometimes on New Years Eve earlier in the day.
I'm sure I'll come up with more....


0 comments:
Post a Comment