A hodge podge of some of my crafting and cooking endeavors along with tidbits of everyday life.....
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Rainy, Cold Tuesday
I've had a headache on and off all day. With this weather being cold and rainy all. day. long. it's no wonder. Today was the last day of school before Thanksgiving break and so I took B. to see "Puss in Boots in 3D" at the movie theater right after school. It's a really cute movie and very cool to watch in 3D. We came straight home afterwards and I made French toast and sausage for supper.
I spent a lot of time working on my holiday album today - a few hours this morning and a few more hours this evening. Funny how it feels like I've only been working on it for 20 minutes - but it's actually 3 hours! lol! How does that happen?? I've already got my dates stamped for the month of December. So I've been working on the last week of November... Stamping journaling spots, making a few tags for in between the pages, adding some Christmasy transparencies. It's turning out really cute so far. I have a boatload more of journal spots I need to make yet for the rest of the album. And I need to cut out some things on the Cricut that I want for certain days. I've really been putting my stamps, inks, Big Shot and some of the Tim Holtz dies to good use so far. I don't plan to do anything with the cover until everything else is done. But I have a few ideas of what I may do with it. If I have time in the next day or so, I may post some pictures of my foundation pages progress so far.
Tomorrow B. and I will be making pumpkin pies and Waldorf salad for Thanksgiving. I've been debating whether to make homemade noodles this year or not. I haven't made them in a really long time. The turkey's been thawing in the fridge since Friday when I bought it. I got a 21 pounder. It'll be just the three of us for Thanksgiving but I still want to make it special with all the typical Thanksgiving dinner must-haves. I may even make the cranberry sauce this year instead of opening a can. lol! Love that jellied cranberry sauce though. But I picked up a couple bags of fresh Ocean Spray cranberries from Aldi's the other day for .99 cents and so now I need to find me a recipe to try. The best part about cooking Thanksgiving dinner is not having to cook for at least two days afterwards after all that work. lol!
It's hard to believe that we'll be decorating for Christmas already again this coming weekend. Maybe I'll find some more time to work on my December Daily - but more than likely I won't get to it again until next week. In the meantime, I'll be taking pictures and journaling about our day-to-day lives until I get the pics from the week developed.
If I'm not back on here before then, I hope you all have a pleasant Thanksgiving....
Labels:
December Daily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment