It was another hot day today, but at least it rained some this morning. The grass really needs it. As you can see, our coneflowers have started blooming already this week. They usually don't bloom until later in the summer along with the black-eyed susans and gladiolus. The black-eyed susans have also started blooming, but not as much as the coneflowers have. Anyhoo... this is just a quick post to show you some cool stuff I picked up at Wal-Mart earlier this afternoon when B. and I were out and about running errands....
The scrapbooking section of Wal-Mart hasn't gotten anything new in a really long time. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they finally had new stuff hanging on the pegs and stopped to check it out further and saw they had TONS of K&Company Smash stuff in. I guess you could say it's sort of a spin-off from traditional scrapbooking since you can put pictures in it if you want. And it can also be a type of journal where you can put your thoughts, hopes, dreams, future craft projects, favorite fashion, hair and make-up stuff cut out from magazines, or decorating ideas. You can put all kinds of whatever you want in your Smash book - ticket stubs, receipts, ideas or clippings from magazines, pictures, recipes, just whatever your little heart desires. I had seen and read about Smash products online, but didn't give them much thought until seeing them in "real life" today where they look so much cooler in person. lol! I was only going to get the cool Smash date stamp with all the different sayings and be on my merry little way. However..... B. started asking me what Smash is. I started explaining what it is... then she spotted the pink Smash book amongst several other choices and insisted she "needed" it. This is right up her alley and something I think she'll enjoy doing. So I got the book for her which comes with a nifty glue/combo acid-free pen to write in her smashbook with, and I got the other "stuff" for the both of us. We agreed to share everything else for either my scrapbooking or for her smashbooking.....
There's all kinds of just random pages in these Smash books. Here's a few samples....
I also picked up all the little list books that they had. The smashbook itself was $12 and everything else was relatively cheap - only around $1.75 to $2.75 each. Most of the stuff I got was closer to $2. The list books have such subjects as Top 10, Entertainment, Family, Favorite People, Quotes, Special Occasions, Travels, and a Blank misc. random one. There are 30 sheets in each pad - three each of ten different designs in each one....
Some samples from a couple of them so you'll have an idea of what they're like....
They also had more than several rolls of cute decorative tape...
They also had tons of other random things like pockets, clips, numbered brads, and other little doodads. I left most of that stuff on the pegs to maybe pick up at a later date. But I did pick up a couple more things including, of course, the cool Smash date stamp...
It has all these cool sayings on it...
And looks very similar to the Dear Lizzy one I got last month but with different sayings. They both go from 2011 through 2022...
So if you had no clue what Smashbooking was before, or never even heard of it until just now, then hopefully you'll have a better idea and you've learned something new today. :) I'm sure B. will be watching plenty of YouTube videos on Smashbooking and I'll direct her to some blogs to show her what to do with all our new Smash stuff. I'm sure she'll have a lot fun with it and it'll be a nice change of pace from all the Duck tape wallets she's been making this summer. lol!
'til next time...
















0 comments:
Post a Comment